We currently have a vacancy for an office assistant on Thursday mornings 9am-12
Skills and experience required:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Outgoing and confident dealing with people
- Enthusiastic and pro-active
- Good IT skills
- Good time management skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
How this helps the SAA:
Our office assistants are usually the first point of contact for visitors and act as our ambassadors when the public contact us with a range of queries, from rehoming, adoption to donation and support.
Examples of what may be involved:
- Being the first point of contact for visitors to site.
- Conducting tours of the sanctuary for members of the public.
- Dealing with Telephone enquiries.
- Supporting staff with paperwork as needed.
Time commitment required:
Volunteers are asked to be on site in line with our opening hours. (Everyday apart from Wednesday from 12noon until 4:30pm.)
Some volunteers help every day, some once a week and some once a month. All we ask is that once you confirm your availability, you honour that commitment to enable us to ensure the rota is adequately filled. We can be flexible and accommodate shift workers who may have differing days off each week.
How will we support you:
You will shadow a member of the office team for your first shift, you will receive an induction into the charity, to ensure you are knowledgeable about the work we do. You will also be introduced to other volunteers and staff, who you may be working with.
What you can gain from volunteering with the SAA:
- New experiences and knowledge
- Meeting and working with new people
- Develop existing skills or gain new skills
- The experience of using your skills and abilities to help in an animal rescue situation.