Volunteer With Us
We currently have vacancies for the following positions. If you would like to apply for any of the available positions please complete the application form via the link at the bottom of the page.
Vacancies change frequently so please check back regularly.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday mornings- Cats – daily cleaning 9am-12 (every week)
- Tuesday morning – Rabbits – daily cleaning 9am-12 every week
- Friday afternoon – Rabbit socialiser 2pm – 4.30pm (every week)
- Saturday morning -Rabbits – daily cleaning 9am-12 (1 week in 3)
- Reception / office assistant – Thursday mornings (9am -12) Friday afternoon (12-4.30) every week – This role involves a combination of reception & administration duties so good customer service AND data entry skills are required (you must be at least 18yrs old for this position )
- Events assistants to help at our on-site events and hold stalls at outside events. Shifts will be variable as and when events are held but will normally be at a weekend.
Who can apply?
Almost anyone! The only restriction we place is minimum age, for health and safety reasons. We can accommodate a small number of youngsters aged 10-15, but they must be accompanied by an adult volunteer at all times (please complete a form for the accompanying adult too). The minimum age for unaccompanied volunteers is 16. We do our best to accommodate all requests to volunteer, but we have to ensure we can provide an appropriate level of supervision and this does limit the number of younger volunteers or those with more intensive supervision needs that we can accommodate at any one time. If this is the case at the time you apply, you will be informed, and placed on a waiting list.
Unfortunately we cannot take Duke of Edinburgh placements as we are unable to offer sufficient hours to meet the requirements.
What do volunteers do?
We welcome volunteers to be involved in all aspects of our work, including:
This includes cleaning, grooming, feeding, socialising and exercising our animals.
Organising an event or activity to raise funds, helping at an event and organising collections.
Helping maintain our site and buildings, including repairs and gardening.
How much time do I need to commit?
The time our volunteers give varies enormously, from several days per week to half a day once a month. We can accommodate most arrangements, although we do ask you to try to stick to the hours we agree, and, importantly, to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend, so we can make arrangements for another volunteer to cover. We ask that all volunteers commit a minimum of 3 months.
Due to an existing relationship with a local education agency, we are unable to accommodate individual requests for work experience placements over Summer..
Here are some of the roles you could apply for, just click on the role to find out more: