📣WE ARE HIRING!📣
We are looking for a Animal Sanctuary Manager to join the team!💕
The job will entail the day-to-day management and running of the organisation, staff, and its premises. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities, maximise and develop the potential of the sanctuary and promote the charity and its services within the local area.
· To provide reports to the Trustees and keep them informed of relevant issues and developments.
· To liaise with the Charity Commission and ensure activities, systems and procedures comply with their requirements.
· To arrange appropriate insurance cover for premises, vehicles and activities.
· Implement a planned maintenance reporting system and ensure repairs and maintenance work are carried out as needs arise in a timely manner.
· Monitor and review utility consumption, introducing cost saving measures where appropriate.
· Monitor use of SAA vehicle and ensure they are maintained in a roadworthy condition.
Health & Safety
· Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation at an organisational level and at the level of individual employees and volunteers.
· Maintain a safe and healthy working environment for Trustees, staff, volunteers and visitors.
· Ensure appropriate firefighting equipment is in place and kept maintained with all staff and volunteers trained on use.
· Working with the Animal Care Team monitor services and costs form veterinary practices.
Staff & Volunteer Management
· Monitor staffing levels and structure, making recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
· Manage recruitment and induction of new staff.
· Provide effective supervision and support to staff, incorporating a system for performance review and identifying training needs.
· Conduct staff meetings to aid communication.
· Oversee the recruitment and management of volunteers and work placements.
· Develop and implement an ongoing volunteer recruitment programme.
· Manage the ordering of supplies and payment of invoices.
· Keep accurate records of all financial transactions.
· Working with the Honorary Treasurer monitor and manage budgets on an ongoing basis.
· Working with the Fundraiser, research and apply for grants from grant making bodies and charitable trusts.
· Ensure professional codes of practice and legal requirements are adhered to in all aspects of the Society’s fundraising.
Promotion & PR
· Working with the fundraiser, Trustees and staff maintain and update the Society’s website and social media and representing the charity at appropriate events.
· Assist members of staff when necessary to ensure our animals needs are serviced daily.
· Fulfil reasonable requests for assistance in other areas from the Trustees from time to time, e.g. during staff or volunteer shortages.
· Review IT capability and make recommendations to the Board of Trustees when appropriate.
· Any other duties that may be required.
· Full manual driving licence required.
If you have the skills required for this role, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to join our team!
Job Types: Part-time, Temp to perm
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 31 per week
Salary: £19,750.00-£20,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Manchester: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 30/09/2023