Skills and experience required:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Professional manner and appearance
- Enthusiastic and pro-active
- Creative; keen to try out new ideas
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience of working within the education sector
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle
How this helps the SAA:
The SAA is keen to promote its work to local schools and other educational organisations, to spread the message of responsible pet ownership. We are keen to engage the support of these organisations through fundraising activities which are of educational and social benefit to the children.
What is involved:
- Speaking to local schools and other educational organisations about the work of the SAA and ways they can help.
- Engaging schools in fundraising activities, such as dress down days or cat food collections, to help support the SAA’s work.
- Working closely with the SAA fundraiser to develop new approaches to school engagement, from onsite tours to school competitions.
- Representing the SAA in a professional but enthusiastic manner.
Time commitment required:
This role is flexible. The SAA currently visits approximately one school every month during term time; with the support of volunteers we hope to increase this. Visits can be done at your convenience, organised with the school. We also hope to engage after school clubs such as Scouts, which may involve evening visits.
How will we support you:
Your contact will be the SAA fundraiser, who will provide you with day to day support, information, guidance and direction. You will receive an induction into the charity, to ensure you are knowledgeable about the work we do. You will shadow the fundraiser and/or the SAA manager on several school visits prior to being asked to do your own.
What you can gain from volunteering with the SAA:
- New experiences and knowledge
- Meeting and working with new people
- Develop existing skills or gain new skills
- The experience of using your skills and abilities to promote the work of the SAA, spreading the message of responsible pet ownership, and supporting the animals in our care.